Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mini Review: Dorinda Clark-Cole: I Survived

If you've read The Night Beat for any length of time you know that I only acknowledge the existence of one kind of Gospel Music, and that is Urban or Black Gospel. So called Southern Gospel triggers my retch reflex, and if anything deserved to be called "The Devil's Music" Southern Gospel qualifies in spades.

I SurvivedNo one is going to confuse Dorinda Clark-Cole's latest release, I Survived with Southern Gospel. This is an album that will get you Jumping in The House of God. Some of the Best Cuts are He Brought Me and For My Good.

This is a great album. I could go on with the great songs, but I'll refrain, because I'm trying to get out a few posts today. Suffice it to say this album doesn't survive, it thrives, with a near perfect 4.75 Emeralds. It is definitely going into the Gospel/R&B mix for this years PVA's. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment