Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, September 16, 2011

An Interview With A Lioness

Introductory Note: I am writing this post as a participant in the "Interview With A Character" Blog fest put on by Melissa at The Undeveloped Story. I asked her if I could post two and she said it was okay. Here is number one.

  • NB: We at The Night Beat are primarily concerned with music, but sometimes an opportunity comes along that you just can't pass up, even if you have to stray outside your comfort zone. Talking to us today via Skype from her office in Split, Croatia is Susan Bradford, President and CEO of Thames Electronics. Miss Bradford, thank you for taking some of your time to talk to The Night Beat.
  • SB: My pleasure
  • NB: The Computer world, as well as the emerging world of Social Media is increasingly a youth movement. Being the CEO of a major corporation at 35, you must be fitting in quite well.
  • SB: It's 29, but, yes, I am doing quite well.
  • NB: Pardon me for correcting you, but my notes say that you were born on July 15, 1976. That would make you 35.
  • SB: Never press a Lady on her real age. As to your original question. The Social Media landscape is dominated by Facebook and Mark Zuckerburg is only 27, so even I feel like a fossil at times.
  • NB: Recently shock waves went through the tech community with the announcement by Steve Jobs that hew was stepping down as the CEO of Apple. Without sounding overly crass, let me ask "is this good news for Thames?"
  • SB: I should bloody well hope so. (Laughs). Seriously though, all of us at Thames Electronics wish Mister Jobs only good health. I'd be lost if it weren't for my iPhone or iPad. I only wish we had come up with them.
  • NB: But is it good news for Thames?
  • SB: I don't think it has any effect. Thames makes supercomputers, so I don't think we compete against each other. Still, I would like to have invented the iPod.
  • NB: On to another subject. From the mid 90' to September of 2009 the major cities of Europe were terrorized by a cat burglar...
  • SB: I think terrorized is highly prejudicial
  • NB: Your answer begs a follow up. Since Lioness' exploits seem to have ended around the same time as your auto accident. Are You Lioness?
  • SB: It is a remarkable coincidence, but that is all.
  • NB: On another topic, would it be appropriate to call you the Six Million Dollar Woman?
  • SB: I Bloody well hope not. I am worth 75 Million Pounds, that should be good in dollars as well.
  • NB: Actually it's over 100 Million Dollars. I was actually referring to a 1970's era Science Fiction Show about a man whose life was saved after a horrific accident by turning him into a cyborg.
  • SB: Simply preposterous, I don't know where you get your information.
  • NB: I talked to a General Jonathan Knox in Chicago.
  • SB: Since you talked to The General. It's closer to the Billion Dollar Woman when you figure in all the prototypes.
  • NB: Any Superhuman abilities?
  • SB: None that have appeared so far, but I haven't exactly tried to do anything special.
  • NB: Not trying to pull any semi's?
  • SB: No.
  • NB: No accidental revelations?
  • SB: Did I send my date flying through a plate glass window when all I wanted to do was slap his face? No. Sound's like fun though. Except for not needing glasses and not tiring as easy, things are kind of normal.
  • NB: On a final note, I see that now that Kate Middleton has married Prince William you have moved to the top of the Beautiful Brit List. Congratulations.
  • SB: Thanks. I don't want to seem to vain, but being a cyborg does have its privileges. Since the operation I went from a size 4 to a size 2. Daddy was on the phone from London as soon as the list came out. He's already got several dates lined up for me as soon as I hit British Soil. Suddenly I love Croatia.
  • NB: Miss Bradford, thank you for your time.
End of Interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment