Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fresh From The Zombie Apocalypse

Well that was fun. The Interview with a Character blog fest was a little something to stretch my writing muscles. I've known for a while that Melissa (the host) was doing a Zombie Apocalypse story, and while that wasn't what my forte was (One interview was historical fiction, and the other Sci-Fi/Action) we writers have to hang together, and it never hurts to get your work before as many eyes as possible.


What was amazing was how seamlessly my two works blended this time. Who woulda thunk it? CCM and Zombies. Never in a million years? How about a year. Metalcore band The Devil Wears Prada just released its latest Tuesday. Entitled Dead Throne, the album is a Vast improvement, at least in my opinion, over their last CD. That one, an EP Themed around a Zombie Apocalypse, was a bit to Thrash for my tastes, and it suffered therefor in my review. This time around there are an abundance of what is termed Clean Vocals, and for someone who grew up on 80's metal, I like it more. You can make out the words. Even the growls are less gravelly than I remember last time around.

Since I am continuing to have blogger bugs, this will be a relatively short post. As to the nature of the bug my Amazon Associates widget is not working in the old interface, and since the updated interface isn't truly "live", it doesn't appear there either. Right now my favorites on the CD are Mammoth, My Questions, Kansas (instrumental), Holdfast and Pretenders. I hope to have the links problem straightened out early next week.

I gave the aforementioned Zombie EP 3.75 Emeralds, and it just missed being in the Inaugural Platinum Vinyl Awards. This time around Prada is Platinum bound. Though I am not reall a thrash fan, this album rocks. I am giving it 4.75 Emeralds. Though it will have some tough competition, I think it fair to at least predict that it should be among the final seven in Hard Rock.

That's it for now. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I just had to comment and say that I'm a huge The Devil Wears Prada fan (you may have guessed that from my twitter lol. Their Zombie EP is something I listen to on repeat while I'm writing. It actually helped inspire some of the story...

    Dead Throne blows my mind. It's amazing. They step up their game and I'm so proud of them haha.

    Thanks for participating in my blogfest! I had fun with it.

    Melissa
    http://thestoryinme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete