Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Siberian Summer: 2012 PVA 1st Qtr - Hard Rock

Now it's time for the Hard Stuff. Not hard as in difficult, but hard as in LOUD. This was a well represented category this quarter, with six entries. Hey, a minimum PVA field is Seven. (I say minimum because, due to an abundance of entries in some genres, I have decided to expand the final entry pool. I will explain things when I come to it.)

Since I am not really a hard music aficionado these would mostly be debuts if I didn't know otherwise. I have only really heard of one of them. Because of this fact I am going to forgo the album covers and explanations for this post and do things by a simple list.
  • Close Your Eyes - Empty Hands and Heavy Hearts 4.25 Emeralds
  • As I Lay Dying - Decas 4.25 Emeralds
  • In the Midst of Lions - Shadows 4.25 Emeralds
  • A Plea for Purging - The Life and Death of A Plea For Purging 4.25 Emeralds
  • Righteous Vendetta - Lawless 4.5 Emeralds
  • Wolves at the Gate - We are The Ones 5 Emeralds
I try to do these lists alphabetically, but this time coincidentally it also was organized nicely by rating. Plus the fact that WATG was the only Hard Rock band I had any listening experience with, the rest of these are cold impressions. All go in, but only We are the Ones may make it to the finals next year.

One more genre to go. Rock. As always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment