Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Wishlist: Alternative

When I started this wish list I knew that I wasn't going to be able to complete it before the New Year Emerged. But I thought I would be able to move things along quicker than I have.

2010's big Alternative Releases included Fair, the Aaron Sprinkle Side Project. According to the band's official website we will have to do without any new project in the foreseeable future. However, we are given a teaser regarding another side project entitled Subways on the Sun. I am sure there will be more news on this soon.

The Rocket Summer (aka Bryce Avery) had a PVA Contender in 2010 with Of Men And Angels. This year they are also contending again with a live acoustic release Bryce Avery: His Instruments, Your Voices. A lot of Live Albums serve two purpose, to satisfy fans while giving the artist a breather and time to get into the studio. I have a suspicion that is exactly what Bryce is up to. I think we shall see another studio album sometime this year.

The Classic Crime is rumored to be coming out with a new album either this year or next, and Emo band Future of Forestry released Travel III in 2010, followed by the all inclusive Travel series CD this year. I think we are all waiting for a non-travel related release from the band.

Ivoryline took home the Inaugural PVA with Vessels. Actually they split the award with The Choir. Neither has anything in the rumor mill at present.

One Alternative band that does is 12 Stones. Their long awaited release Only Human is slated to drop on March 27. Considering that I loved The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday, it's safe to say that I am stoked.

The Wishlist Continues. I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment