Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 Wishlist: Pop

This has been traditionally the largest genre in Christian Music. The PVA's have been no different. It is my hope that, just as I created the Hard Rock genre to make the Rock category more wieldy, the Inspirational category eventually is able to siphon off quite a few from Pop.


Image courtesy Amazon
 When I made the decision to move to a staggered year of eligibility for the PVA's back in 2010 I kept going back in late 2009 and back. I had to stop somewhere. I stopped October 1, 2009. As a result I left out an artist who would have been the hands down winner. No offense to Poema, the Inaugural winners, but really. If the Lovely green eyed Christian Torch Singer Lara Landon had been eligible for the year, there would have been no contest as to the winner. My big wish would be for more music by Lara.

That wish is closer to reality this year. She Launched a kickstarter campaign for her worship release Overcome. The funding was successful and backers can download the album now. I hope it will be available for download and purchase for all sometime this year.

Newsboys will be "quiet" this year. Not really, but, unless their is another Deluxe CD in the works like their was for Born Again, they will be on the road touring their new album, which only came out this past November.

Of the 2010 eligible entries, only Audrey Assad is currently in the new release chain, with her Sophomore release Heart coming out on Valentines Day. Of course it's still early in the year, and my wish list would include Poema, Reilly and Addison Road. I will keep you posted as the year progresses. As always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment