Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Wishlist: Modern Worship and Inspirational


Courtesy Amazon
Considering the Genre, I thought it appropriate for a rare Sunday Post. If you've ever wondered why you couldn't have a post on Sunday, your wish is granted. Sometimes Wishes are granted early. 2010's Inaugural Modern Worship Best Album was won by the Irish experimental Modern Worship group Rend Collective Experiment and their Organic Family Hymnal. In my mind, with their refreshingly unique sound, (they even used a Xylophone), their really was no doubt in my mind who was the winner. I was going to start off hoping for a new release from them, and lo and behold, they have. Homemade Worship by Handmade People will come out Next Tuesday January 10. That's one off of my list. Thank You. Based on their debut, I think it is fair to say that the CD will wind up among the PVA 2012 Final Nominees.

Now, Going even less out on a limb, I predict there will be a release by a Hillsong branch sometime in 2012 (Actually Hillsong United- February 14). Check.

There really isn't much that I Wish for from this genre. I kind of let it fly and see what I like.

In 2010 The Inspirational Genre didn't exist. It was created this year to make way for Jackie Evancho. For 2012 My Wish is for enough entries to justify the category.

Only Four Categories to go. As always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment