Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Heat is On: PVA 2011 3rd Qtr Nominees - Children's Music and Dance

We begin the listing of potential nominations for the 2nd Annual Platinum Vinyl Awards with the Children's Music and Dance Categories. Now I wish to remind my readers that these are "POTENTIAL" nominations. When the year of eligibility is finished on September 30, the list will begin to be whittled down to, hopefully, Seven Final Nominees in each category.

Come Down O Love DivineOne final note. I am seriously leaning toward weaselling out with an Inspirational category to get out of my Jackie Evancho dilemma. I am currently listening to Come Down O Love Divine by Fernando Ortega, and it seems that this could be a second entry in an inspirational genre. It sounds beautiful, and if I looked hard enough, I am sure I could round up a handful of others. We'll see. On to the Nominees.

Children's Music

There were only two entries this time around. Since last year we only had two entries total, we seem to be on the same pace. Unless I find a rush of Veggie Tales releases, this one should be quick once more.
  • K5 Kids Sing The Songs of Toby Mac, K5
  • Maranatha Kids Top 25 Kids Praise Songs, Various Artists

Dance (inc. Trance, Synthpop and Industrial

Things were a little better on the dance floor. I know, there were a few heart attacks as I said that. ("True Christians don't dance" is the common mantra). There were twice as many entries for dance this quarter as our entire Children's Music total year to date.
  • One GirlOne Girl, Katelynne Cox (D)
  • All Things Bright and Beautiful, Owl City
  • Water Colours, Swimming With Dolphins (D)
  • Feedback, Derek Webb
As I have mentioned before, I managed to review One Girl a few months ago. The title link will take you there. That does it for now. Next up will be the final two categories with just a handful of entries this time around: Hip Hop/Rap and Hard Rock. Until then, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment