Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Republic(an)... er...Independence Day

Today is the 235th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, also known as Right Wing Extremist Republican Recruitment Day. If you don't believe me, believe U.S. News and World Report. Hey, If you can't trust Harvard, who can you trust. In related news, today is also the first anniversary of the first post of The WENC Night Beat.  Coincidence, I think not. I wonder which event gets liberals more perturbed. Back to Harvard University's study for a moment. I just thought the reason that I, when I first was able to vote, registered as a Republican and cast that vote for Reagan in 1984 was because I was raised correctly by my parents. Who knew it was all caused by my being taken to an Independence Day Parade to Celebrate our Bicentennial (That's 200 years for those who went to public school) in 1976.

If you know anything about our history, the study shouldn't be a surprise. In fact, the early celebrations of our independence were a religious, not secular, holiday. To quote John Adams "It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.  It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forevermore."
So as you go to the Tea Party recruitment parades held throughout our glorious Republic this July 4th, let us try not to forget WHO the founding fathers thought was REALLY responsible for our independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment