Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, July 8, 2011

We're (Number) ONE. Happy 1rst Birthday to The Night Beat

The Night Beat is a year old today. On July 8, 2010 The Night Beat posted its first music post. The First post was a July 4th Post which I reworked this year. Due to technical issues with Blogger, once you publish a post, you can't republish it at another time. So even though I changed the date and time of publishing, all it did was change the date.

When I first started, I admit I was afflicted with delusions of fame and fortune. That hasn't happened...YET. It has been fun, however, and I have learned a lot along the way. As we begin our second year, I encourage all of you to become an active part of the The Night Beat. Just like a DJ's radio show of old, callers, or here, commenter's, are its lifeblood. We are in the thick of Summer, Festival Season is upon us, and things are a bit frantic. All that plus a one year bit of updating. We'll, all I will say is be patient, it will all be worth it.

If you've been with us from the start, Thank You. If you've just found us, I think a bit of a Night Beat Primer is in order. I invite you to look around, check out the articles, comment and follow. Take your time, but here are a few tips.
  • It's always best to start a story at the beginning, and this blog is no different. Read my introduction, What is the Night Beat? and my discussion of the Christian Fringe.
  • As you read you will find many references to the Platinum Vinyl Awards. The PVA's are a creation of The Night Beat in order to highlight the Best In Christian Music, as well as mainstream acts that have (or should have) a significant Christian Following. While things are well underway for the 2nd Annual Platinum Vinyl Awards, which should occur sometime next April, and barring an extraordinary rise in operating expenses, will be a cyber event this year as well, with no physical award given. Follow the links to read about the First Awards. Because the process of intra-linking posts will be lengthy, I recommend that you use the Children's Music post as your base, since it is the first to have the entire awards linked within it.
  • Finally, if you are really new to the night beat, I encourage you to check out my series on the Greatest Christian Albums Ever? my take on a book done by CCM Magazine in 2001 in which they picked the 100 Greatest Albums in Christian Music. While I will be continuing to update the articles as my research on the list is a work in progress, the entire series is intra-linked, so navigation is seamless.
To everyone who has found me and continued with me, Thank You. To the Night Beat Newbie, I say welcome. Look, experience, follow, comment. As always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment