Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Night Beat Reverse Survivor Edition

What is Reverse Survivor You ask? Well, have you ever been asked something on the lines of "If you were ever stranded on a desert island, what music would you like to have with you". Of course, that would entail having a lifetime supply of batteries for your CD player, or access to electricity for your PC or Mac to charge your ipod, so how deserted could it be. Of course logic never comes into these questions.

Reverse survivor flips the question over. "What Albums (or songs) that you own (or used to) would you like to strand on a desert Island, never to be heard from again. I know, it's cruel, but don't tell me you haven't thought about it at one time or another. At least about "Grandma got...." at Christmastime.

I would nominate three albums to get us started. All in the CCM industry of course. The Debut self-titled albums by Skillet and Zoe Girl. And also the release The Anatomy of Broken by Chris Sligh, which I called The Anatomy of Boredom. In my opinion these are almost unlistenable, except in an MST3K kind of way.

Now this should get the idea rolling. Granted, my experience is in the CCM arena, and that's not everyone's cup of Joe. We're talking about music CRITICISM folks. No form should be above ridicule. IMHO I would put anything from country or So Go here, but that would be too easy. Specifics please, unless you really do mean "anything by..."

Now this is fun, so try to keep it civil. But, as they say, "All's fair in love and war". And music. Now, from time to time I try to keep up my posts with the 100 Greatest Christian Albums Ever. So Check back from time to time as I listen to the albums and make my verdicts. (The Ranking was done by CCM Magazine about 10 years ago). The entire series of posts is cross-linked, so all I have to do is give you the first.

That's about all for now. I will return with more PVA related posts as well as Music Reviews. I thought we could take a break for something fun for a while. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment