Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Platinum Sneak Peak: Children's Music

It's November, the green leaves have fallen from the trees. (We never had foliage season this year. Between an unusually cold spring and summer combined with Irene and the Hallowsnow event, the leaves were stripped before they turned. One thing has gone according to schedule, and that is that the possible entries for the 2nd Platinum Vinyl Awards have all come in and the process of whittling them down has begun. This years entry pool was much better than last year. However, some entries still lag. Last year the Children's Music genre only had two total entries and Folk Music had only five, and we try to have seven final nominees. This year Folk has Nine entries and Children's five. Both may be final with no further cut downs.

In that spirit I am giving a special:

Platinum Sneak Peak

Today I will be posting the Five Children's Music Nominees. Don't worry, you wont have to memorize them. We'll reveal them again once we have the Final Ceremony. Basically my thoughts on this category are, songs for a young-un audience that will not drive an adult bonkers with repeated listening.

Children's Music

  • Denver and The Mile High Orchestra - Groovy
  • K5 - K5 Kids Sing the Songs of Toby Mac
  • Maranatha Kids - Top 25 kids Praise Songs
  • Veggie Tales (feat Moriah Peters) - Songs for a Princess
  • Worship Together Kids - From the Inside Out
This will be the list I announce when the "Awards" are handed out, most likely in April of 2012. Previous Emerald Ratings are erased and we start from scratch, but in the interest of full disclosure I will reveal that both Denver and K5 received full 5 Emerald Ratings from me. That is all I will say. Feel free to comment with your votes, though I may open things up officially to a fan voting process next year. If you think my keen eye missed an eligible entry, please use the comments to tell me. Until next time I am Awaiting Your Reply.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a new list which giving me a new turn to my class.I will try to work with great confidence

    ReplyDelete