Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Musings

Now that Black Friday has passed, both yours truly and the voters in my poll agree that it is now O.K. to start with the Christmas Music. And it is Christmas Music,People. Like most bastions of Liberalism and Political Correctness, my town has a "Tree Lighting". And what kind of tree might that be? It's not even a blah "Holiday Tree" lighting. It's just a tree lighting. I think that is usually done with matches and may need a permit.

It definitely is an anti-Christian bent. I mean, nobody insists that Muslims be "tolerant" by putting a Star of David in their Ramadan displays (Are there Ramadan displays?, Doesn't Ramadan involve fasting? I digress.) Tolerance used to mean "I let you do your thing and you let me do my thing and if we never talk we can't fight, so all is cool." Now, at least when a liberal is talking, tolerance means "Undying Love and acceptance of me, and nothing for you, after all, I'm wonderful and you are a hateful S.O.B." or something like that. So You wish me a happy holidays all you want, I will wish you a Merry Christmas. Of course if you really want diversity we can go HannaRamaQwanzMas on you. I don't want that, and I don't think you do either. One further thought. If you're Jewish, I have no problem wishing you a Happy Hanukkah, and I hope you don't have a problem wishing me a Merry Christmas. That's supposed to be the fun of it. We're all supposed to be able to enjoy our holidays without being offended that someone else has a different holiday. You know that first amendment, it was meant to make sure there wasn't a State Religion, not as a hammer to bash others beliefs.

On to music matters. New Release Tuesday is taking an extended Christmas break, so one of my full album sources is out until January 10 (That's even better than Government Work). With a reduction in new material, I am thinking of going back over a few older releases and catching up on Rewind and a few other thoughts like I did with Small Business Saturday. Of course the Christmas releases keep coming in so I will have a few more Christmas editions coming.

Thanks for staying with me all through the season and beyond. As always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment