Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

And on the Seventh Day, God Rocked

Don't let the title fool you. The Anthem of Angels, the latest release by Seventh Day Slumber, is not a Christmas Album. If it was however, that probably wouldn't surprise many SDS fans. The album will drop on November 15, and the title hints of the Angel Choir of Luke 2. However the album marks SDS return to Rock/Alternative scene for the first time since 2007. That was when Finally Awake came out. Take Everything was a worship release and came out in 2009. We'll start with the track list.
  1. Wasted Life
  2. Love Came Down
  3. One Mistake
  4. Addicted to My Pain
  5. Never Too Far Gone
  6. Pieces
  7. Crash
  8. Back where I Began
  9. Knows my name
  10. My Life
  11. How He Loves
Sometimes songs get covered to death, and I'm beginning to think that is happening with the David Crowder Band song How He Loves. They even have some guy named John Mark McMillan saying he wrote it. (Yes, I know JMM did write it, but once someone's version becomes "the version" in a persons mind, no amount of reasoning is going to sway them.)

Pop Quiz: Who wrote God of Wonders? What about Build Us Back? Answer in the comments, and I'll reveal the answers in a future post.

Seventh Day Slumber is a Product of King Midas (Brandon Ebel) Tooth and Nail Empire (signed to the BEC Recordings label). I have always considered them a "counseling band", that their songs relate to the pains felt by the young people of today. Whether it is that they are beyond God's forgiveness (One Mistake), or that they are too deep in Sin (Addicted to My Pain, Never too far gone). There is a nice blend of soft and hard. A little quieter than Finally Awake, but still good.

I am giving Anthem of Angels by Seventh Day Slumber a final rating of 4.5 Emeralds. The third season of the Platinum Vinyl Awards is getting off to a fast start. Stay with the Night Beat as the Winter Heats Up with more than Christmas Releases. As always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment