Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Real Kids "Swing Set"

Every so often a CD comes across the attention of The Night Beat and the Platinum Vinyl Awards that completely takes over a category, or demands that a category be created for it. So Far this year I had to do that for Jackie Evancho, as I couldn't really figure out where to put such a excellent album.

Groovy
I have no such problems this time, as the album is marketed as a Kids album. But it really is an album for parents that kids will love as well, or vice versa. The Album is Entitled
Groovy, and if you click on the title, you will be taken to the Denver & The Mile High Orchestra page at Hearitfirst.com, where this week you can get a full album preview. Due to a particular quirk at the Hearitfirst site, you will probably have to click each song to play it, but they will have a complete song this week, and not a 30 second clip. After this week it depends on how quick they switch to the clips.

Let's Quickly go over the track listing
  1. I Am a Promise
  2. Movin to The Beat
  3. Groovy
  4. All of My Heart
  5. Man Gave Names to All The Animals
  6. Sunday School Swing
  7. Groovy ABC's
  8. Brand New Day
  9. Prayin' Man
  10. Get Down
Let me say this up front. This is not your typical Kids album. I mean this is my third time straight thru, and it is getting better every time. The typical Children's Music album, even the best of them, all of them feel, let's say "Dumbed Down" or Childish. Not this one. Founder Denver Bierman refuses to put out an album not up to Big Band/Swing Standards. Big Trombones, Saxophones, Trumpets will have you and your kids dancing. There is even a Bob Dylan Cover here (Man Gave Names To All The Animals), which coincidentally, he does along with guests Go Fish, which won the Children's Music Category of the Inaugural Platinum Vinyl Awards with Kickin it old school. The band obviously had fun making this album, and they show it, especially on tracks like Sunday School Swing, which is a medley containing a bunch of classics like Yes Jesus Loves Me, The B.I.B.L.E, that's the book for me, Joshua Fought The Battle of Jericho, He's got the whole world in his hands, and This Little Light of Mine. If you've got kids just learning their ABC's a listen to Groovy A,B,C's should be just the thing to have it stick.

This marks a new record for The Night Beat, the first Children's Music Album rated 5 Emeralds. This album is the front runner at the PVA's this year. I invite you to listen, come back and tell me what you think, and hopefully come back and support the Night Beat by buying through my links at Amazon. Oh, and maybe invest in a Felt Fedora. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment