Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

White Hot "Ashes" Can Still Burn Down The House

What I've BecomeAshes Remain may not be a household name, but they are not the new kid on the block either. What I've Become is the bands third CD (actually Red Devotion is an EP), but this marks the Major Label Debut of the band, although I have only heard of Fair Trade Services very recently. They do seem to have signed a lot of Christian Bands. A few by way of Example would be Addison Road, Caedmon's Call, Disciple, Mercy Me, and The Afters.

Actually, it is no surprise to me that this band is on the same "Label" as Disciple. They have the same Southern Rock feel. You feel the guitars and bass.  Also, I was slightly amused that I did a review of Icon For Hire with Ariel singing that She's gonna Burn the Theatre Down and if you want a show you can follow the ashes, and then I follow it up with Ashes Remain.

Handle These Ashes With Care

The Band kicks it off with the rocking Keep Me Breathing, which should be a fan favorite, even if it wasn't the first radio single. Take it Away has a definite Kutless vibe with a hint of Disciple.

If you're ready to rock, then Ashes Remain is for you. I am giving What I've become 4.5 Emeralds. This happened last year as well. A lot of good stuff comes in just as eligibility is coming to an end. If that keeps going a lot is going to be unrecognized, but the cream should rise to the top. Until next time I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment