Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Funnies: How To Speak Northern Irish

With all apologies to my fans in the British Commonwealth, but it is amazing that they say that Americans, Canadian, Aussies, Kiwis (New Zealand) and Brits all speak the same language. Here in the states the Midwesterners who are said to have no accent are sure that us in the Northeast and in the South don't speak English.

The Modern Worship genre is dominated by the Hillsong/Maranatha consortium, and though very good, it does contribute to a sense of "Heard it already" among many albums. It is like a refreshing glass of ice water then when a group arrives that breaks the mold. That group is Rend Collective Experiment. Per my last paragraph, these guys are from Northern Ireland. Their facebook page lists about sixteen members, but I think they rotate them. In the vein of early Caedmon's Call Music, they seem to play just about anything. I still swear I can hear a Xylophone in some of their music.

Being Irish they have a good sense of humor, and nowhere is it more evident in their new Youtube series How To Speak Northern Irish. For the first episode they corralled Bart Millard of Mercy Me to say How Now Brown Cow, sort of.

Not content to rest there, they next corralled Hip Hop artist Lecrae. Lecrae got his revenge by trying to get them to "Keep It Trill" (True and Real). Personally I think this one was better.

Now Rend Collective isn't just fun and games, though it helps. This is the music video for the single off their new album Homemade Worship by Handmade People. This is Second Chance.

I hope you enjoyed the music, and had a good laugh at trying to speak Northern Irish. I know I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Until we next meet, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment