Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, May 28, 2012

Music Video Monday: Decoration Day Edition

Welcome to a special edition of Music Video Monday. Today is Memorial Day. I know a bunch of blogs will be celebrating the UFDOS (That's Unofficial First Day of Summer to the acronymically challenged) but not here. I will be firing up the Night Beat Time Machine, metaphorically speaking, as we celebrate Decoration Day, which, though it has many firsts, can reasonably be estimated to be started May 30, 1868, three years after the end of the American Civil War.

I will let the trio of videos stand on their own, just as I want Memorial Day to revert to a day to honor the dead that fell in the Civil War alone. While Veterans Day can stand for "All Wars", if the Civil War wasn't won by the Union, we wouldn't be "One Nation Under God, Indivisible, With Liberty and Justice For All." There wouldn't have been any other memorials, since we would no longer exist in the present form we now have. Until next time, when I will return with the best CCM Videos out there, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment