Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, March 17, 2012

PVA 2011 Nominees: Song of The Year

My final post on the 2011 Platinum Vinyl Award Nominees. Once again I wish to remind all of you to check out the full list of nominees by clicking on the link.


For the sake of brevity we will only cover Song of The Year, Modern Worship Song, Gospel Song, and Alternative Song.

Modern Worship Song of The Year
  • Adore, Emergency, The Ember Days
  • As For Me and My House, As For Me and My House, John Waller
  • Great I Am, You Hold It All, New Life Worship
  • Higher, Love Riot, Worth Dying For
  • How Great Thou Art, Emergency, The Ember Days
  • Saving Power, Saving Power, Generation Unleashed
  • Yahweh, Yahweh (Live), Hillsong Chapel
Gospel/R&B Song of The Year
  • Forgiven, Church on The Moon, Deitrick Haddon
  • Heaven Hear My Heart, Angel & Chanelle, Trinitee 5:7
  • Jesus, The Awakening of Le'Andria Johnson, Le'Andria Johnson
  • Sitting With Me, Something Big, Mary Mary
  • Stronger, What if We Were Real, Mandisa
  • Window, Dominionaire, Canton Jones
  • YRM: (Your Righteous Mind), YRM: Your Righteous Mind, Donald Lawrence & Company feat. Dorinda Clark-Cole
Alternative Song of The Year
  • Ambulance, The Valley, Eisley
  • Black Cloud, de-plumed, The Choir
  • Church Bells, Ghosts Upon The Earth, Gungor
  • Dwell, Dwell, Aaron Keyes
  • Jumping The Gun, Weights and Measures, Hyland
  • Offering, The Sounds of Daniel Bashta, Daniel Bashta
  • The War Inside, Vice Verses, Switchfoot
  • You're Like A Taxi, Who Can Know It?, Showbread
Song of The Year
  • Are You Ready?, Destiny, Beckah Shae
  • As For Me and My House, As For Me and My House, John Waller
  • Children of God, Move, Third Day
  • Hymn For The Missing, Until We Have Faces, Red
  • Manifesto, Introducing The City Harmonic, The City Harmonic
  • This Love is Free, Weights and Measures, Hyland
  • Poison and Wine, Barton Hollow, The Civil Wars
  • Who But You, Music Inspired by The Story, Mark Hall & Megan Garrett
  • Window, Dominionaire, Canton Jones
Maybe one final note is in order. I picked Song of the Year based on its Epic Anthem sound, or its sheer beauty. These should all be fan favorites to sing.

That does it for my edited announcements of the 2011 Platinum Vinyl Awards Nominees. I encourage all my readers to Check out The Full List of Nominees and to also see the the 2010 Winners. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment