Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Help, I need somebody

Help, not just anybody.... The Beatles had it right (The Kings of Rock and Roll usually did). Don't try to argue with me on this one. America has no royalty, so they can have no king. Therefore Elvis cannot be the King. He may or may not be the best, but that is an entirely different argument.

If you would like to be among the few, the proud, the #NightBeatniks, I would like you to connect with me. Now, if you are familiar with Christian Music, that is a plus, but is not essential to the task at hand. I am more concerned with the music at the PVA's. First Round Voting will progress in various stages, to narrow down the entries into a final list of nominees.
The schedule will progress as follows:
  • Phase 1: Album Genres
  • Phase 2: Song Genres
  • Phase 3: Video Genres
  • Phase 4: General Field
  • Phase 5: Album, Song, and Video of The Year
I have applied the first cut to the album genres in an attempt to drain the pool somewhat. The minimum bar, instead of 4 Emeralds, is currently set at 4.75. While that narrows a lot of genres, surprisingly not all. After the cut the following genres still need a lot of help.
  • Rap: 15 entries
  • Modern Worship: 24 entries
  • Alternative: 33 entries 
  • Pop: 16 Entries
  • Hard Rock: 13 entries
  • Rock: 13 entries
The goal is 7 entries for each genre. I have no objection to blowing up the categories to as many as 10, but that's it. There will be no 21 nominee category like this years Dove Award Song of The Year. That's all you need to know right now.  So if you want to be involved, contact me, and  I will provide you with a list of that genre's pool entries. You don't have to have any of these albums, that's what Amazon and iTunes are for. Plus, as full album streams or songs are available, I am posting them on my Soundcloud Profile.

Think it over, and if you think you've got what it takes to be a judge, I'll be Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment