Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Heat Advisory: The 2013 Fourth Quarter - Alternative

Alternative Rock is next. This genre is tied with Pop this quarter for second place with 11 entries. Modern Worship took the title with 16.

There was one perfect album in the mix this time around. Cloverton was just about the definition of what Alternative should be. All that was lacking was a photo and a dictionary. Coincidentally, of course, they are first on the list.

Alternative Music

  • Cloverton - Patterns
  • Crave - Crave
  • The Digital Age - Evening Morning
  • Falling Up - Hours
  • Falling Up - Midnight on Earthship
  • Gungor - I am Mountain
  • Jars of Clay - Inland
  • Nations - Nations
  • Seabird - Troubled Days 
  • Search The City - Flight
  • Derek Webb - I was wrong, I'm Sorry, and I Love You.
I loved Gungor this time. Not perfect, mind you, but really loved. I say that because a lot of reviews criticize it for being too "new age" and "Not a Worship Album". Of course, for someone who loves New Age Music (yoo-hoo Mannheim Steamroller), I said, "you say it like it's a bad thing."

A few more to go. To all the entrants of the Great WENC Night Beat 3rd Birthday Giveaway, thank you. If you were a winner, your prize was shipped. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment