Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Heat Advisory: The 2013 Fourth Quarter - Pop

Down to the Final Four. Sometimes it does seem like March Madness around here. Of Course, our final four is where the heat is, so to speak. We begin today with Pop, and the other three are Hip Hop, Hard Rock and Rock. Pop music had a very good quarter. 11 entries and a mix of new sounds and old.

Pop Music

  • Love and The Outcome - Love & The Outcome
  • Dara Maclean - Wanted
  • Mandisa - Overcomer
  • Newsboys - Restart
  • 1 Girl Nation - 1 Girl Nation
  • Shine Bright Baby - Dreamers
  • The Sonflowerz - Love Walked In
  • Ryan Stevenson - Holding Nothing Back
  • Tammy Trent - Sunny Days
  • Tricia - Radiate
  • Christa Wells - Feed Your Soul
A few comments are in order. I've had somewhat of a hot-cold relationship with Newsboys lately. Luckily things are swinging back to hot.  I really liked Michael Tait's debut (Born Again), but was less than impressed with the Follow Up (God's Not Dead). However, like Gungor, while the studio album failed to impress, the Live Concert Album was a winner. Restart has gone dance pop and I think it suits the new lineup to a T.
 
The Same with Tammy Trent. I was thinking her music had passed me by. Kind of Like How I grew out of my Amy Grant Phase. However, I think it was just the latest albums that failed to impress. The Dance-Pop style of Sunny Days really suits her voice.
 
Three to go. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.


No comments:

Post a Comment