Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, July 9, 2012

Music Video Monday: Will You Love Me

Welcome back everybody. I hope you all enjoyed your long fourth of July break. (Yes, I know the 4th was on a Wednesday and that supposedly trashed all the 4th of July Weekend plans, but we must remember our Government Bureaucrats. They Made it work.)

As I said last week, we begin with the third quarter videos this week. If you've been following me for any length of time, you know I'm not a big fan of Country Music or Southern Gospel. However, if you can push it to Folk or Folk Rock, I will go for it. You have to like good banjo picking talent.

We begin with one of those talents. The Vespers, two brothers and two sisters with some great writing and some awesome bluegrass style rock. I believe the two sisters are Morgan Cryar's kids but don't quote me on that, though their names are Callie and Phoebe Cryar. We begin with the music video for Will You Love Me, from their recently released album The Fourth Wall.

One more from The Vespers. This is Close My Eyes, done live at the Music City Roots Festival.

We must move on, and we move on quickly, because there really aren't that many videos out yet for these new releases. One of my favorite female singers these days happens to be Lara Landon. When I heard her debut Beloved a few years ago, WOW. The girl has pipes. She is the prototypical Torch singer. Noisetrade says her voice "smolders". Trust me it ignites. Still looking for that DDMHO/Lara Landon Speakeasy Tour. This is The River.

I'm torn on the concept of Lyric Videos, which are kind of like the follow the bouncing ball songs on old movie shorts. I think this one merits. Straight from the Veggie Tales patch, here is Vanna Banana (sorry, Moriah Peters) and I Choose Jesus.

That seems like a good way to end a post. We usually fly through the early genres (Nothing for Children's Music, only a few for folk, and Landon and Peters are AC/Inspirational). For further information on the Vespers and Lara Landon, click on the links to my original reviews. Also, for news that doesn't make the blog, be sure to like The Night Beat on Facebook.Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment