Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Deep Space Exploration

Eisley is back from The Valley and scaling the heights of the alternative scene. Not content to stay here on Terra Firma, they have taken their act to Deep Space. That's the name of their latest release folks. Don't worry though, they still exclusively touring here on planet earth.

The EP begins quite abruptly with "Away With Me, Away With You" the opening call of Lights out. Actually the jarring opening is my only gripe with the EP. I guess I like some sort of intro. It just seemed strange.

Deep space is more alternative than The Valley, which seemed to skew more pop, though Laugh it off is a fun pop song. Lead Singer Stacy DuPree comes off sounding a lot like Leigh Nash (Sixpence None The Richer) on this EP, especially on songs like 192 Days. I don't know if it was intentional, but it works.

Not surprisingly, the orchestration of the album gives an atmospheric "Spacey" feel to it, which to me harks back to Miss Angie's space-pop. It also harks back to the true meaning of Alternative music, meaning a break from the usual. My favorite song has to be the last song, simply entitled "One Last Song". The Instrumentation at the end is awesome.

At only nineteen minutes long, it leaves you wanting more, but it is a great follow up to The Valley. By the way, in the interest of full disclosure, I wish to tell you that The Valley is up for multiple Platinum Vinyl Awards, though that in no way affects the rating for this album. As evidence I give you the Newsboys. While Born Again made the First Platinum Vinyl Awards and Born Again Miracles Edition made them Double Dip this year, God's Not Dead will not come in for a Trifecta. It failed to impress during the first quarter judging. As they always say, Past Results are no guarantee of future success.

My final rating for Deep Space is very stratospheric. A near perfect 4.75 Emeralds. Considering that the Valley got only 4.5, then I guess shorter is better.

It's time to come back to earth for the time being. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment