Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thunderbirds, UFO's and Stingrays, Oh My.

Welcome back to The Night Beat everyone, hope you had a wonderful Christmas. And for those of you in the public sector who have everything off until the New Year, I guess I should be envious.

While surfing the net I came across an obituary for Gerry Anderson. Now for the young ones out there who can't appreciate good television, Anderson was a brit, and for the other TV network in the UK, and then transfered to the U.S. in the 70's were two tv series that highlighted the use of Marionettes. The most famous of them was Thunderbirds.

Though I most fondly remember Stingray.

Marionettes weren't all that Gerry Anderson gave us. There were two live action shows. I was transfixed by UFO, with those adorable little toplike spaceships and the interceptors. On this show the 80's were the future. And the groovy intro.

Of course more people remember Space: 1999.

This was when TV was fun. Of course the minidresses didn't hurt either.

Until next time, I am Awaiting Your reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment