Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Forget The Carnival, Stay for the Sideshow

I love tooting my own horn. I know I should act more humble, but if I don't do it, who will? The Bible may say "Love your neighbour as you love yourself", but that presupposes that you do indeed love yourself.

My reason for patting myself on the back? Being smarter than Amazon. Musically astute is more precise. While listening to the new releases I came across a band I had never heard of before. White Collar Sideshow. Now that isn't news in and of itself. I'm not as quick in discovering new acts as I would like to be. If I have never heard of a band before I tend to make a mental note of the genre it is listed as and make my decisions based on that. Amazon listed The Witchunt as being Hard Rock and Metal, so I made a note as to TDWP, Wolves at the Gate, and so forth.

This is not a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal album, not in the least. And that made me pleasantly surprised. You see, I am starting a new Flashback Friday post this week subtitled The Industrial Revolution. My first thought was "This is Cult of Jester" and there were tones of Deitiphobia as well, which is my first blog post on the subject. (The Deitiphobia link wont be live until Friday at 6 pm ET). So I went to the WCS Facebook Page (be prepared for some Halloween Style imagery). Yes, they label themselves as Industrial. Score!

This is the video preview for The WitcHunt

Meet The Faceless Woman

And finally, the Official Music Video for Black Heart Hearse.

The band is all about hidden addictions, and bringing them out into the open and confronting them. It is not for the faint of heart. I am thrilled that there is someone out there making some great Industrial Music. Though its heyday ended at the turn of the century, it is still some awesome music. And to combine it with such hard hitting subjects.

I am giving The WitcHunt a nearly perfect 4.75 Emeralds and guaranteeing it a spot in this years Platinum Vinyl Awards, though in the Dance/Electronica/Techno category, where Industrial would naturally be found (Techno, not dance). A little early Halloween present from The Night Beat. Until Flashback Friday, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment