Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Revealed: The 2011 Platinum Vinyl Awards Judges Panel

And this is the first time the judges will be hearing about it. If they were reading this blog in the first part. Which I doubt they were. Let me go back a little.

The 2010 Platinum Vinyl Awards were a labor of love. Though the award was, and still is, virtual, the labor was real. For most of the categories, the initial entry pool is immense. Remember, the goal is to reduce each category down to Seven final nominees. A quick look at the task at hand.
  • Children's Music: 5 entries
  • Folk/Folk Rock Music: 9 entries
  • Dance Music: 19 entries
  • Gospel Music: 23 entries
  • Alternative Music: 22 entries
  • Modern Worship Music: 37 entries
  • Inspirational Music: 7 Entries
  • Pop Music: 47 entries
  • Hip Hop/Rap Music: 20 entries
  • Hard Rock Music: 24 entries
  • Rock Music: 32 entries
I thought I could use some help this time around in reducing the pool of entries, but realistically, I knew that the odds of getting any help from "the big boys" were about the same as that of a snowball in hades. So, I did the next best thing. I scoured the websites for the end of the year 10 best lists. At least during the period of January-September 2011 the selections coincide. Of course I will have to do October-December 2010 on my own. In the spirit of giving honor where honor is due, here are the lists I consulted.
  • New Release Tuesday: Kevin Davis (There are supposed to be three articles from these guys, but they are on holiday right now.)
  • Gospel Music Channel: It was a group effort for these guys, here is the list.
  • Jesusfreakhideout: This site did a group list as well as a list for each member, but they put it on one page. Check it out here.
  • Christian Music Zine: Everybody got their own turn on this site, though they are listed separately. Here is the master navigation list.
  • Jay's Musik Blog
Ladies and Gentlemen (and clueless judges up to now) I give you the 2011 PVA Judging panel. Until next time I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment