Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, September 23, 2016

Dove Awards 2016 Predictions: Song Awards

We move on to the song portion of the Dove Prediction Posts. Once again I will do a representative sample, not all of them. I may do a quick hits for all the rest in the final post. Songs are more subjective than albums, so in some cases I have done a "backup pick" if I think more than one song deserves to win. I will only count one loss, however, because there is only one award per genre.

We begin with Inspiration Song of The Year. I double down that the Dove's need to sift better between Worship and Inspirational. There is too much overlap. Anyway, the nominees:

  • Pieces, Bethel Music
  • Let It Be Jesus, Christy Nockels
  • Heavens Shore, David Phelps
  • O Praise The Name (Anastasis), Hillsong
  • Til I Met You, Laura Story
MY PICK: Even though I thought It was a Worship Song, not Inspirational (and it Won Modern Worship Song of The Year for #PlatVnyl6), my pick is Let It Be Jesus.
Worship Song of The Year is Next, and it had one #PlatVnyl6 Song Nominee. 
  • No Longer Slaves, Bethel Music
  • Good Good Father, Chris Tomlin
  • Touch The Sky, Hillsong
  • We Believe, Travis Ryan
  • Even So Come, Chris Tomlin
MY PICK: The judges at Night Beat HQ have been impressed with Bethel Church for quite a while, and we are going with No Longer Slaves.

Contemporary Gospel/Urban Song of The Year is next. Only one song on the list was on my list as well. The others I had not noticed. The nominees:
  • Wait On You, Janice Gaines
  • The Way That You Love Me, Jonathan McReynolds
  • Wanna Be Happy, Kirk Franklin
  • One Way, Tamela Mann
  • I'm Good, Tim Bowman, Jr.
MY PICK: I Wanna Be Happy, and I want Kirk Franklin to be as well. I am picking this for the win.

Finally, we shall end this post with Rock/Contemporary Song of The Year, which I am going to interpret as Rock Song. The Nominees:
  • God Is On The Move, 7th Time Down
  • Move, Audio Adrenaline
  • Happiness, Needtobreathe
  • Take Me Over, RED
  • Live On Forever, The Afters
MY PICK: Even though I thought It was alternative, there is no song better on this list than the Afters Live On Forever. However, I also made a backup pick of God Is On the Move by 7eventh Time Down. 
That does it for this post. We take on the General Field next. Until then, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment