Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dove Awards 2016 Predictions: Playing The Field

I believe this is my final Prediction Post for this years Dove Awards. I had originally planned to do a quick hits wrap, but I think otherwise now. This is enough.

The General Field is the area where bands and artists compete without regard to genre. It is almost a free for all, but there are some boundaries. We begin with New Artist of The Year, which sets boundaries of time. The nominees were:
  • Hollyn
  • Jordan Feliz
  • Stars Go Dim
  • Travis Green
  • We Are Messengers
I have heard of all of these with the exception of Travis Green. However, of the ones that I have heard I was most impressed with Hollyn, so that will be MY PICK.

Moving on to Artist of The Year. Technically a New Artist could also win Artist of The Year, but that is usally not the case. This is primarily for established artists. The nominees:
  • For King and Country
  • Hillsong United
  • Lauren Daigle
  • Lecrae
  • Toby Mac
MY PICK: Unlike New Artist, which had 4/of its 5 nominees in the #PlatVnyl7 pool, we had two nominees here in the past #PlatVnyl6. And those are the ones I couldn't decide on. I am going with TobyMac for the win with a back up of Lauren Daigle.

Song of The Year is the final group I will pick from. The Doves cast off all notions of editing. One year they had over twenty nominees. This year they kept it to ten. 
  • Brothers, Needtobreathe
  • First, Lauren Daigle
  • Flawless, Mercy Me
  • Good Good Father, Chris Tomlin
  • Just Be Held, Casting Crowns
  • No Longer Slaves, Bethel Music
  • The River, Jordan Feliz
  • Touch The Sky, Hillsong
  • Trust In You, Lauren Daigle
  • Worthy, Anthony Brown
A lot of good good songs on the list (sorry). However MY PICK is First by Lauren Daigle.
That does it for the prediction posts. Maybe now I can take small break from things so I can finally update the winners page on the blog. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment