Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Night Beat Rewind: November 2013

Welcome to the last official edition of Night Beat Rewind for 2013. I say that because December is a very slow month. We usually don't have enough entries to make a decent rewind post, so I mention things in other ways. It looks like this is going to be a typical year in that regard.

We begin with the ineligible entries. This year that includes the Christmas Music, regardless of it Emerald Rating. We don't have a Christmas Music Category at the PVA's, unlike the Dove Awards.

Christmas Music(Non-Eligible)

One of the good things about this listing is it is perfectly honest. Since there is no award to qualify for, there is no fudging to make a certain bar. We move onto the list of non eligible music that there was fudging going on in debates. The non Christmas Music list which was

Missed The Mark

  • Casey Darnell - Casey Darnell 3.75 Emeralds
  • Alex Faith - ATLast 3.75 Emeralds
  • The Gospel Gangstaz -Defenders of The Faith 3.75 Emeralds
As is usual, the entries on this list just missed. Maybe I'm feeling generous this time of year, but I thin that three entries is the fewest we've ever had here. I once thought none had missed the mark, but then I discovered "the missing entries."

We had a good supply of perfect albums for the final list of 2013. Unofficially there were 8, but I don't really count Christmas Albums, so in this grouping there will be 5. Besides, since I already did the Christmas albums, why list an album twice.

Pure Platinum Perfection

Two surprises in this list. The Biggest surprise was Living Sacrifice. While I consider myself a metal head, a headbanger, etc. Living Sacrifices "thrash metal" style isn't my particular cup of tea. I'm more of a melodic metal fan. That being said, Ghost Thief really tripped the WOW meter. I was more pleasantly surprised with Stryper. Though I have loved all their music, To Hell With The Devil was way back in 1986. To think that they could put it all together on that level almost thirty years later. It busted the WOW Meter. It's not an easy part to fix.

Thankfully for all of us here at Night Beat HQ, most releases fall between the ruts. These releases, of which there were plenty, are what we deem

Semi-Precious Metal

  • Benjah - Haze & Reflections (Vanity Fare Remixed) 4.50 Emeralds
  • Daughtry - Baptized 4.50 Emeralds
  • Fit For A King - Descendants Redux 4.75 Emeralds
  • Five Iron Frenzy - Engine of a Million Plots 4.75 Emeralds
  • Gloria Gaynor - We Will Survive 4.75 Emeralds
  • Luke Hellebronth - Stand Up 4.50 Emeralds
  • Jeremy Horn - No Other Love 4.75 Emeralds
  • Impending Doom - Death Will Reign 4.50 Emeralds
  • Jahaziel - Heads Up 4.75 Emeralds
  • The Letter Black - Rebuild 4.75 Emeralds
  • Maranatha Music - Worship God: Everlasting 4.75 Emeralds
  • William McDowell - Withholding Nothing 4.50 Emeralds
  • Sean G. Park - I Bow Down 4.75 Emeralds
  • Salt of the Sound - Journeys 4.75 Emeralds
  • Soul Survivor & Momentum - Kingdom Come (Live) 4.50 Emeralds
  • Shout Praises Kids - Nothing Is Impossible (Feat Planetshakers Kids) 4.75 Emeralds
  • Micah Stampley - Love Never Fails 4.50 Emeralds
  • Scott Stapp - Proof of Life 4.75 Emeralds
A few notes here. I really liked Scott Stapp. Sure, it isn't Creed, but it was close to Creed Lite. I can live with that. Though Creed was responsible for a whole slew of copycats, proving there's nothing original in the Music Industry, they were the mold. Sort of a guilty pleasure is Gloria Gaynor. I will Survive has turned 35, and, though I am sure the Disco era was a huge mistake, still, this song isn't that bad. There are much worse. And the rest of the album is Gospel. As to The Letter Black, click on the name to read my full review. I have only included Amazon links for the Pure Platinum and Christmas Music, to get things out quickly. Click and Purchase from the post, and you will support The Night Beat at the same time. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment