Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Confessions of the Candyman

"Who can take a sunrise...." Well, that's how I feel right now, anyway. When I first started this blog three years ago I set about to set right the rampant favoritism in the major award shows. Now I think I may have fallen prey to the same malady. The Perfect 5 Emerald rating was designed for a release which "blew me away", so to speak. That seems to be happening a lot this year. At the time I vowed that there would never be a case where 5's were able to fill an entire genre. I may have to eat those words this year.

Through three quarters of eligible releases, I have handed out a whopping 27 perfect 5's (Ouch!). Here is the breakdown by genre.
  • Children: 1
  • Folk/Folk Rock: 4
  • Dance/Synthpop: 6 (5 Remixes)
  • Electronic/Industrial: 2 (1 Remix)
  • Gospel: 2
  • Alternative: 5
  • Modern Worship: 1
  • Rap: 3
  • Hard Rock/Metal: 1
  • Rock: 2
AC/Inspirational and Pop have zero fives through three quarters, so they and Children, Electronic, Gospel, Modern Worship, Hard Rock, Rock and Rap should be fine, but Folk, Dance and and Alternative are just about filled with 5's alone. Remember the final nominees for any genre are supposed to be seven, and there are still two months to go. 5's are a lock, remember.

Since I'm obviously in the habit of giving things away, don't forget to enter the Great 3rd Birthday Giveaway at my Facebook Page.

They say confession is good for the soul. We shall see. All I know is that it should be an interesting award season next year. And here I am complaining about the Dove's. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment