Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, June 1, 2012

Flashback Friday: Special Elpy Edition

It's never good to rush things. While rushing a bit yesterday I hit publish instead of save and my first Platinum Vinyl Award/Elpy (still not sure about the nickname, but since it avoids my post being flagged as promotional, I'll go with it until I find a better one). Needless to say, though I did my best, I'm no Apple when it comes to corporate secrecy, and the cat is out of the bag (will someone please tell me why the cat was in the bag, who put him or her in it in the first place). My regular Flashback Friday will return next week, and I will continue today with Platinum Vinyl Award Coverage.

In the Category of Best Dance/Electronica Song (all song categories are new this year) there were eight nominees
  • Hero (The Legion of Doom Remix), Awake and Remixed, Skillet
  • Kamikaze, All Things Bright and Beautiful, Owl City
  • Let it Out, World Anthem, Press Play
  • Music, Destiny, Beckah Shae
  • Not Enough (Remix by Paradoxx), Time and Space, Miss Angie
  • One Girl, One Girl, Katelynne Cox
  • #putyourloveglasseson, Destiny, Beckah Shae
  • Sleep to Dream, Water Colours, Swimming With Dolphins
And the Elpy went to: Not Enough (Remix by Paradox) by Miss Angie.

The Best Dance/Electronica Album went to Beckah Shae for Destiny.

The Best Hip Hop/Rap Song had seven nominees this year
  • Alive (Remix), The Whole Truth, DA Truth
  • Bet Ya House, Neveroddoreven, Shonlock
  • Just Like You feat J. Paul, Rehab (Deluxe Edition), Lecrae
  • Regenerated feat E.Tizz and Guvna B, The Still Living Mixtape, Jehaziel
  • Revolution, My Time, Byron "Mr. Talkbox" Chambers
  • Riot, Blacklight, Tedashii
  • Surrender feat V. Rose, Captured, Flame
And the Elpy went to: Just like You feat J. Paul by Lecrae

The Best Hip Hop/Rap Album went to: Neveroddoreven by Shonlock

That concludes the second post of the 2nd Annual Elpy's also known as the Platinum Vinyl Awards. I will finish things off with a post on Saturday and Sunday. Keep it tuned here and I am awaiting your comments on the awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment