The 100 Greatest Albums in Christian Music, 2001
- 60 - Pages of Life, Chapters I & II, Fred Hammond & Radical For Christ, Verity, 1998
- 59 - Soulfully, Andrae Crouch & The Disciples, Light, 1972
- 58 - Rick Elias and The Confessions, Rick Elias and The Confessions, Alarma/Frontline, 1988
- 57 - Kingdom Seekers, Twila Paris, Star Song, 1985
- 56 - Erace, The Gotee Brothers, Gotee, 1996
- 55 - Ten Songs By Adam Again, Adam Again, Broken, 1988
- 54 - Take 6, Take Six, Reprise, 1988
- 53 - Circle Slide, The Choir, Myrrh, 1990
- 52 - Faith Hope Love by Kings X, Kings X, Atlantic, 1990
- 51 - Everlasting Love, CeCe Winans, PMG, 1998
I wont say much this time around, but I will say that I don't think any Best Album List of any kind would have any kind of standing if it didn't have an album by Fred Hammond on it. Same with Kirk Franklin or at least one of the Winans. Gospel Music (not the Southern Variety) has been shaped by these artists, and if you are serious about the subject, you would acknowledge that. To CCM Magazines Credit, they do. Same with Andrae Crouch. I am every bit the typical white guy when it comes to music, except for my strong aversion to all things Country and Southern Gospel, and even I remember hearing Andrae Crouch and The Disciples growing up. Good Call there.
What the Winans or Andrae Crouch were to Gospel, The Choir are to the Christian Alternative scene. From their beginnings as Youth Choir with Voices in Shadows(1985) and Shades of Gray(1986) to their current release Burning Like the Midnight Sun (2010). The Choir has defined what alternative is. Current faves like Anberlin owe a lot to Steve Hindalong and Derri Daugherty. And not just alternative music but Christian Music in general owes a lot to these two. Where would the Modern Worship industry be today if it weren't for songs like God of Wonders. While the song had been redone by many artists over the years, the original writers were: Marc Byrd and Steve Hindalong (sorry folks, the answer was not Paul Baloche. Thanks for Playing). Stay with me, and as alway, I am Awaiting Your Reply.
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?, Part Two
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?, Part Three
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?, Part Four
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?, Part Six
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?, Part Seven
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?, Part Eight
- The Greatest Christian Albums Ever?, Part Nine
- The 10 Greatest Christian Albums Ever?