Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, February 14, 2014

Caught in a Firefall at General Hospital

The Calendar doesn't say it, but it is coupleary once again. For those new here, that is my name for the first half of February and the last half of January. It's the thirteenth month, and it exists mainly to depress single guys and make guys in a relationship feel guilty if they don't spend big bucks on this one day. I usually can ignore the month as best as is humanly possible, but these past few years have made me a bit more sensitive to its effects.

For that I blame love songs. They seem to occur with more frequency around now. A while back I was having breakfast at a fast food joint and a love song from the 70's came on the radio. Plus, they are always written by people who already have the girl.


You are the woman that I've always dreamed of, I knew it from the start.
I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart.
Corny? Maybe, but pretty innocent. Just listen to the cars that pass by any day and you would have an eternal bleep if you tried. That's not love. Still, I remember listening to it and thinking "Lucky guy". If I knew it at the time, things would have been different. No, I am a bit closer to another love song, this from the 80's.

All I need is just a little more time to be sure of what I feel. Is it all in my mind. Cause it seems so hard to believe that you're all I need.
That second one comes from Jack Wagner, at the time a star on the soap opera General Hospital. You want to know how I know that?My High School Sweetheart was a GH Fan and she raved about the song. That should have been my cue to exit, stage right. No way I was going to compete with a soap opera star. What's reality when you've got fantasy.  I may have needed a little more time, but she probably wanted a decision NOW. When I finally had enough time I found out that my time was up long ago.

I'm not entirely a lost cause. I still believe there can be love at first sight. Only if it doesn't go both ways at that time, it never will. Though that line about marrying your best friend. Only if they became your best friend after marriage. Otherwise, once again, It doesn't work. Believe me, I know whereof I speak.

My post last year said it best. On the 15th, the candy goes on sale. Then we single guys get left alone until next year. Time to put Sumerlin on. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment