Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, February 28, 2014

We Are The Brave

Deena Jakoub. Remember that name. I predict you'll being hearing a lot about her in the future. Right along with Amy Lee, Lacey Sturm, Sarah Anthony and Dawn Michele. That's Evanescence, Flyleaf, The Letter Black and Fireflight for the rest of you.

Welcome to the World of Female Fronted Rock and Roll, which is one of the fastest growing areas of Christian Music, and believe me, that is a very good thing, and not just from the eye candy point of view. Face it, the male fronted bands are getting kind of predictable and all sort of sound the same, and that's the truth.

Truth, from the latin Veritas. From Nashville, Tennessee we bring you Veridia, which is a variation on Veritas. It means truth seeker. And the truth these days that the girls can rock better than the guys. They have deeper resonant voices (a side effect from the hair metal days), and a wider range. They can hit the high notes without their voice cracking. And they're gorgeous. Sorry guys, I know, the truth hurts.

As anyone knows, the Truth and I are Inseparable. And that's one of the reasons I love this band. More than just the music is the message. The album is chock full of message. We Are The Brave is about facing fear. Disconnected is about the power of words. Furious Love is for the girls who feel they have to remake themselves in a guys image or never have love. The last song is Mystery of The Invisible is about being lost in God. My favorite though, is track four. Mechanical Planet is written from the P.O.V. of Regret, and has this awesome bridge.


The truth is I work day and night to keep the gears grinding in your mind.
To keep you from knowing you are worth more than gold.
Not some assembly line rusted shell of a person that I try to remote control.

I never want you to believe that when you're down on your knees
that someone is actually listening
If you were undistracted for even a moment I  lose my hold
and you would notice that you have never been alone.
Never Have You Ever Fought Alone.
Never Have You Ever Fought Alone.
On This Mechanical Planet.
Like I said. Powerful words. I encourage you to listen for yourself, courtesy of The Night Beat, HM Magazine and Soundcloud.
And since I want you to get this album, I want you to go to iTunes. It's got an exclusive right now, so I won't get a penny from the sale. I'm giving Inseparable 4.75 Emeralds. I'd give it a perfect 5, but it is a debut and an EP, and I want more. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment