Because the folks at the Gospel Music Association are terrified of synthesizers (They may have accepted electric guitars, but I think they still believe Mr Moog was an agent of the devil), there are a few possibilities that I don't think they will ever consider. Especially since good Christian boys and girls don't dance.
- III - Shiny Toy Guns
- The Electro Pop: Deluxe - V. Rose
- Glowing Collision, V1 - Andy Hunter
- Har Megiddo Remixed - Har Megiddo
- New Horizons - DJ Magellan (feat Lara Landon)
- Reconstructions - David Thulin
Then there is that pesky "spirituality test" that pops up whenever an artist successfully "takes the cross over" to the mainstream. If there is even a bobble on the Christian tightrope, they join the ranks of "the fallen". Hence, in addition to Shiny Toy Guns (I love that name), I doubt we shall see any of the following among the nominees.
- Almeria - Lifehouse
- Paramore - Paramore
- Vital - Anberlin
This final list I believe should make it though the Dove Committee, though you never can tell with them.
- A Creation Liturgy - Gungor
- O God Save Us All - Disciple
- Kings and Queens - Audio Adrenaline
- Loved - JJ Heller
- Miracle - Third Day
- The Space We Create - Terra, Terra, Terra
- Still Believe - Kim Walker-Smith
- The White Room - Jonathan Thulin