Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Heating It Up: Platinum Vinyl Awards 4th Quarter Nominees - Modern Worship

Moving On to Modern Worship. And there's only one Hillsong Entrant. I guess it is possible to have a best of Modern Worship not dominated by the Australian Megachurch.

Platinum Vinyl Awards 4th Quarter Nominees

Like I said, this is Modern Worship. Now for anyone not clear on the concept, basically it is worship music with a rock beat. Now I have a problem with most modern worship music, but it's not the same problem that most have. Sure, there is the standard gripe that Hillsong Church seems to dominate the genre, but my biggest gripe is it's too tame. I Prefer Skillet and Worth Dying For. Let's crank this up to 25. Who do we think we are, the Talley Trio?

Modern Worship

  • Jeff Anderson - A Thousand Tongues
  • Daniel Bashta - The Sounds of Daniel Bashta
  • The Ember Days - Emergency
  • My Epic - Broken Voice
  • Hillsong Live - God Is Able (Live)
  • Leeland - The Great Awakening
  • Planetshakers - Nothing Is Impossible
  • Pocket Full of Rocks - Let it Rain: The Best of Pocket Full of Rocks
  • Cindy Cruse Ratcliff - Twenty Three
  • Matt Redman - 10,000 Reasons
  • Jeremy Riddle - Furious
  • Vineyard Worship UK - My Soul Yearns 
Scroll down to the bottom of the Darlene Zschech review for my bonus on C.C.R. Now while The Ember Days doesn't exactly crank thinks up as high as I would like, no one can doubt that they set themselves apart with an Alternative/Trance Sound. They definitely are the Anti-Hillsong. There is still more to come, so stay with me. As always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment