Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, May 18, 2020

The Quest: Saving Christian Music Radio

Christian Music Radio is dying. As a former DJ I know of what I speak. Hopefully we can save the patient, but if death occurs the coroner will list the cause as suicide, and slow motion suicide at that. I know my opinion isn't popular. After all, isn't K-Love buying up stations left and right? Yes, but they are actually part of the problem.

While the acquisition of over the air radio stations during a shift into web radio looks like a win (former WAAF in my local area), it belies a cancer that threatens to kill Christian Music Radio ( as opposed to Christian Music, which is undergoing a resurgence).

What can be done? I have a plan based on my experience in Christian Music over the space if almost 40 years:

Christian Music is just Music by Christians.

Jesus Wouldn't Listen to Jesus Music.

Embrace (Musical) Diversity.

Bring Back The DJ.

The Playlist is not life.

Each point deserves its own post, and it shall get it. Even without comment these points may lead you in my direction of thought. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment