Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Embracing Entropy in DiverseCity

Or is TobyMac trapped in a Circle of Dust. Sorry for the Rocky and Bullwinkle dual titles. I think I am fairly certain that the two will not be doing a single together anytime soon.

I do have a method to my madness. While Industrial Strength hip hop may not be appealing my point is. As I mentioned in my first post on the subject, there are many genres represented in Christian music. Now some of them may not release enough to fill a program director's playlist needs, others could possibly fill multiple years without a single repeat. But why should it have to be that way. The sin is that approximately 90% of Christian Music will never be played on over the air Christian Radio. The internet is a different tune altogether, as genre specific radio stations abound. OTA is an Adult Contemporary wasteland. How about we mix it up. We could have the AC/Worship going from 11pm to 9am and the rest of the time have music for people with a pulse. Just half kidding there. As a lot of Worship music has moved into the EDM zone it has offended the pillars (who are stiff as one), and that is fine with me.

Christian music is as diverse as the mainstream, and we should embrace it in all its glory. Musically definitely, but also theologically. If the musician says they're a Christian that's good enough for me. And I'm not going to throw them out if they sin. Only Jesus was perfect.

And maybe even some ethnic diversity. There is only one race, and that is human. There really isn't a reason why the same station couldn't play Southern and Urban Gospel music. Well maybe I should say a good reason. Why humiliate our Southern Gospel stick in the muds. White boys got no rhythm. I'm of Polish descent. I know of what I speak.

Until now I have stuck to the tunes. Beginning with my next post I will be meddling with Radio Station personnel. Preparing to defend against incoming missiles.  Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment