Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, January 9, 2017

Music Video Monday: Resurrection

That is definitely the feeling here at Night Beat HQ. After all it has been months since we last met. You would feel right if you felt abandoned. But we are still here. We are going to crank things up as the year gets started. We begin with a confession. As a music blogger I occasionally get "Hey, Check me out" notices on social media from bands. As a (mostly) Christian Music Blogger I have to be careful who I endorse (though there is a lot of wiggle room in the fringe). When a band called +Death Requisite contacted me, I admit, I wimped out. I figured with a name like that they can't be Christian. I was wrong. I found this lyric video for Redemptio Per Deicide. Thank God for Lyric Videos with Growl Lyrics. Anyway, the Theology is A+. A band I highly recommend. Revisitation is in the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Pool for #PlatVnyl8 (we are in the judging for #PlatVnyl7. Patience is required).
Part of Resurrection now follows. I have always been somewhat unconventional with my take on the CCM scene. Having started off in the Jesus Music/Coffeehouse Era in the Northeast I have aged into Hard Music. Plus I have always had a soft spot for the music of the 1980's. Personally it produced the Best Music Ever. One of those songs was Shout by Tears for Fears. It came out in 1985, during my tenure as a DJ at WENC. Now it is covered by +Scandroidofficial . Personally, I think it is note perfect to the original.
Scandroid is a synthpop project by Klayton of Celldweller, Argyle Park, and Circle of Dust. The Latter has made a comeback after 20 years, and the new album is called Machines of Our Disgrace. This is the video for the title cut.
That does it for this edition of Music Video Monday.  Tomorrow we will return with our announcements of the 1rst Quarter of 2017. Until then, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment