Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, July 8, 2016

#PlatVnyl6 v #WLCMA4: The Wrap

This post is long in coming. Personally, I blame +NewReleaseToday . For the past 3 years they announced the winners during the rock and worship roadshow and made it nice and easy for us to find the results of their awards. This time they made these little videos and I totally missed it. I mean, they should have put a flashing neon sign that said Award Results Here. So a post that should have been in February or March is in July.

One more thing, I kind of got sidetracked way back in the Winter Months and did not do picks for all the categories. Instead of weaseling out of the post all together, I am going to give you my rating for the picks I made, and then make comments on the rest.

When all was said and done I pretty much made my picks only on the Album Awards, and only six of the nine in that respect. My final total was 2 of 6, or 33%. Not very good, I admit.

The Hook Award, or Pop Album of The Year, went to Science Fiction by Jonathan Thulin. Now I have nothing against the album, I did rate it a Perfect 5, except I ranked it as Alternative and not pop. Personally I picked Blanca and her self titled solo debut.

The Softlight Award, or AC/Insp Album of The Year. We agreed on this one, with both of us picking How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.

The Prose Award, or Singer/Songwriter Album of The Year. Or as we like to call it Folk/Folk Rock. They Went with Josh Wilson and That Was Then This Is Now. I was betting on the #PlatVnyl7 potential nominee Floodplain by Sara Groves.

The Encounter Award, or Worship Album of The Year.  They went with Matt Maher and Saints and Sinners, but my pick was the #PlatVnyl6 nominee Christy Nockels and Let It Be Jesus.

The Chorus Award, or Church Based Worship Album of The Year. Personally, I think this is splitting musical hairs, but I picked #PlatVnyl6 nominee Bethel Music and We Will Not Be Shaken. NRT went with Passion Conference and Even So Come.

Finally The Hype Award, or Urban Rap Album of The Year. We Both agreed on this one as well. Uncomfortable by Andy Mineo. The album is one of my #PlatVnyl6 nominees for Rap/Hip Hop Album of The Year.

And Now, for the rest of the Categories:
  • The BPM Award (Electronic/Dance)- II by Capital Kings. A very good choice, a perfect album, and a #PlatVnyl7 finalist.
  • The Amp Award (Rock/Alternative)- Of Beauty and Rage by RED. Also a perfect album and a #PlatVnyl6 nominee.
  • Album of The Year - Science Fiction by Jonathan Thulin. A #PlatVnyl6 nominee in the same category, so...
  • Church Song of The Year - Because He Lives Amen by Matt Maher. I liked Good, Good Father Better.
  • Best Collaboration - Love Feels Like Toby Mac ft DC Talk. (Pass)
  • Song of The Year - The River by Jordan Feliz. I liked First by Lauren Daigle.
  • Music Video of The Year - Heartbeat by Mat Kearney (Pass - I have a multi genre Video Awards. It isn't fair to comment)
  • Remix of The Year - Compass (Jonathan Thulin ft Manwell Reyes) David Thulin Remix A Very Good Choice.
  • Male Artist of The Year - Jonathan Thulin A good choice
  • Female Artist of The Year - Lauren Daigle.  A Very good choice
  • Group of The Year - Hillsong United. Please, no. I like RED
  • Worship Leader of The Year - Kari Jobe A good choice
  • New Artist/Group of The Year - Hollyn. A good choice
  • Best Indie Artist/Group of The Year - Jimmy Needham. No. I go with JJ Heller
  • Best Lead Singer - Deanna Jakoub of Veridia. Can't go wrong here
  • The Next Big Thing (Undiscovered/Unsigned) - Abigail Duhon. A Good Choice
  • Mainstream Impact Award - Twenty One Pilots. A very good choice
  • EP of The Year - Pretty Lies by Veridia . A good choice
So on the whole I think that The +We Love Christian Music Awards is in touch with the pulse of the Christian Music Listener a whole lot more than the Doves. Until Next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment