Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Friday, September 4, 2015

Night Beat Rewind: August 2015

Eleven down, one to go. Once September is done we can put the cover on the #PlatVnyl6 pool and open the #PlatVnyl7 pool for entries. 7 Years. God Is Good. There was one song released in August, and that was the Title Track for Stryper's upcoming album Fallen. It wasn't as good as Yahweh, but you would be very rarely have two perfect songs, even on a perfect album. I give it 4.75 Emeralds.

We begin our album coverage with those releases which, while pretty good (I haven't found a real stinker in years), just aren't platinum.

Missing The Mark

  • Between The Trees & Ryan Kirkland - Wanderer 3.75 Emeralds
  • Rend Collective Experiment - As Family We Go 3.75 Emeralds
  • Jim Sonefeld - Love EP 3.50 Emeralds
  • United Pursuit Band - Simple Gospel 3.50 Emeralds
  • Various Artists - Top 25 Hymns: The Old Rugged Cross 3.75 Emeralds
  • Various Artists - War Room: Music From The Original Motion Picture 3.75 Emeralds
  • Aaron Watkins - Chasing After You 3.75 Emeralds
I was very disappointed by Rend Collective, they sounded so ordinary. While I don't know much about United Pursuit, I do know that Michael Ketterer teamed up with Har Megiddo, so I had my expectations. The next group not only met my expectations, they smashed through them.

Pure Platinum Perfection

  • JJ Heller - Sound of a Living Heart 5 Emeralds
  • Toby Mac - This Is Not A Test 5 Emeralds
  • P.O.D. - The Awakening 5 Emeralds
  • Pillar - One Love Revolution 5 Emeralds
  • Sidewalk Prophets - Something Different 5 Emeralds
All I can say to this quintet is WOW. JJ Heller burst out of her folk mold to be a certified Pop Star. Pillar reformed its original lineup and returned to the rap-core sound that I loved on Fireproof. P.O.D. likewise reached heights like a Satellite, and even Toby Mac has put out his best album in a while. I know, I didn't dote on the Sidewalk Prophets, but they were awesome as well. Now on to the ones in the middle


Semi-Precious Metal

  • Brinson - Until We Meet Again 4.75 Emeralds
  • Tasha Cobbs - One Place (Live) 4.50 Emeralds
  • Disciple - The Best of 2005-2013 4.75 Emeralds
  • Abigail Duhon - More Than Gold 4.50 Emeralds
  • For A Season - I Will Wait 4.75 Emeralds
  • Ghost Ship - Costly 4.50 Emeralds
  • Geoffrey Golden - Kingdom Live 4.75 Emeralds
  • Travis Greene - Intentional EP 4.50 Emeralds
  • Gungor - One Wild Life: Soul 4.75 Emeralds
  • Cheri Keaggy - No Longer My Own 4.75 Emeralds
  • Bridgett Kern - No One Greater 4.75 Emeralds
  • Nichole Nordeman - The Unmaking EP 4.75 Emeralds
  • Natasha Owens - No One But You 4.75 Emeralds
  • Jeremy Rosado - Heartbeat 4.50 Emeralds
  • 7eventh Time Down - #GODISONTHEMOVE 4.75 Emeralds
  • Aaron Shust - Doxology 4.75 Emeralds
  • Thi'sl - Heavy Is The Head 4.25 Emeralds
  • Tony Tillman - Camden 4.50 Emeralds
  • Tony Tillman - Camden (Instrmentals) 4.50 Emeralds
  • John Waller - Crazy Faith 4.50 Emeralds
  • WARR Acres - Future 4.75 Emeralds
I am going to forgo links once again to get this out. I think I shall go back and do the old ones. If I don't they shall never get done. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment