Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The 2015 Dove Award Nominations: Song Song Blues

Though we are a bit delayed, we continue with our predictions as to who will win the 2015 Dove Awards. Since the awards wont be handed out until October, I am not going to miss anything. I will be a little bit bolder here. Not that I am no longer concerned about tipping my hand, just not as much. After all, if I like a song on the album, that's no indication I will love the album.

We begin with Worship Song. The five nominees were Great Are You Lord by All Sons and Daughters; Holy Spirit by Francesca Battistelli; Forever (We Sing Hallelujah) by Kari Jobe; Because He Lives (Amen) by Matt Maher; and This Is Amazing Grace by Phil Wickham. Based on the airplay ratings and popular opinion, I am going to go with Holy Spirit for the win, but that is just wrong. For pure power and feeling there is no argument. Forever (we sing Hallelujah) should win.

Pop/Contemporary Song (or Pop Song for the PVA's) had six entries: Come As You Are by Crowder; Shoulders by For King and COUNTRY; Touch The Sky by Hillsong United; How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle; We Believe by Newsboys; and Soul On Fire by Third Day. I really have no dog in the race for this one, but Lauren Daigle was a nominee in #PlatVnyl5 for AC/Insp. Plus I once knew a family of Daigle's, and coincidentally they had a baby daughter named Loren. I think For King and Country is going to take the Dove.

Rock Song was a real head-scratcher. Safety (ft Stephen Christian) by Fireflight; Darkest Part by Red; Good to be alive by Skillet; Furious Love by Veridia; and Dead Man by We As Human. Red and Fireflight are the #PlatVnyl6 nominees and I hope the winner is one of them. Veridia was a #PlatVnyl5 nominee and Skillet and We As Human were in #PlatVnyl4. I have a bad feeling that Skillet is going to win for an old song. Red should.

Rap Song nominees are Who You Know by Derek Minor; Sideways (feat Lecrae) by KB; All I Need Is You by Lecrae; Mansion by NF; and Volcano (ft Jonathan Thulin) by Rapture Ruckus. I'm going to predict Mansion as the winner with NF, though of the choices offered, I would pick Volcano, which is in the #PlatVnyl6 pool. One caveat though. Despite the Rap by Rapture Ruckus in the song, it is not a Rap Song. It plays more like EDM or Alternative Rock.

I will do Song of The Year, Artist, New Artist and Dabble with videos in the final post. Until then, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment