Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Monday, February 3, 2020

Music Video Monday: Cover Me

We are going to try something a bit different at the Night Beat. Usually for Music Video Monday we play the best original music videos by artists. We have had an abundance of good cover songs recently, and some of them have made videos. We want to recognize them just like we do the "original" videos. We begin with Caitie Hurst, a rising star in the Christian Music Industry. This is her cover of Hillsong United's So Will I.

Next up we go to "my band" as I like to Call Them. The Choir has been covering a bunch of mainstream music lately, and in a lot of cases making your forget the original. They are that good at making it their own. This time they redo One Republic's 2013 hit Counting Stars.

Finally we go to my favorite lady, Amy Lee and Evanescence. They recently did a remix of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain.  I gave the original a listen, as I do with all covers, and I hated it. Way to country for my taste. Amy is in her Goth glory in this one for this version made for the Video Game Gear 5. Defiant Metal at its finest.

That does it for this version of Music Video Monday. We will be back with the original videos next time. Until then, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment