Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The 2019 Top 10 Albums: The Soft List

The Time has come for our Best of (and we try to be Top 10) List. This Year an abundance of Perfect 5 Emerald Rated Albums and EP's has led to creating multiple lists. The Albums will be split into two lists. SOFT and HARD (Based on Volume, not Theological Content), and then we will have a post for the EP's on their own. We begin with the Soft List, which is basically Adult Contemporary, Pop, Soft Rock, and Synthpop. Let's get to the list.

  1. Phil Keaggy and Rex Paul - Illuminations: Multiple Listens prove the location for this album. Maybe it's my musical roots, which go all the way back to the Jesus Music Era (I Officially became aware of Christian Music in the Mid 70's). He was
    touring with the 2nd Chapter of Acts at the time. The Greatest Of All Time. His version of Time is worth the price of purchase.
  2. Lindsey Stirling - Artemis: I am unabashedly a fan of strings, and I am not to proud to admit I just recently heard of Ms. Stirling. And for that I thank Amy Lee of Evanescence for "dueting" with her on Hi-Lo and Lindsey returned the favor on this album with Love Goes on and on. This is what heaven sounds like. It's 2, but it's really 1B.
  3. Wilder Woods - Wilder Woods: The Neetobreathe side project is a mix of just about everything and is a joy to listen to.
  4. BeBe Winans - Need You: BeBe and CeCe Winans were the modern generation of Gospel Family the Winans for my generation. Now at 57 Benjamin (BeBe) shows no sign of slowing down. This is a rousing Gospel/R&B/Big Band Sounding Gem.
  5. Whosoever South - Back Roads and Small Towns: I was skeptical when I heard a band was going to mix Country and Rap. I hate the first and am somewhat lukewarm on the second. But they forgot to tell me the country was actually Bluegrass. This third album is the best of the bunch. The Bottom 5 without comment.
  6. Zach Williams - Rescue Story
  7. Out of The Dust - Now More Than Ever 
  8. Hillsong Worship - Awake
  9. William McDowell - The Cry: A Live Worship Experience from Chattanooga 
  10. Keyondra Lockett - The Heal Reloaded: The Journey Continues
Next up: The Hard List. You Rockers will love this. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment