Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Dead Mans Band

Aces and Eights don't scare me, nor black cats. I break the chain letter many many times. I happen to know for a fact that there were at least 83 people at the last supper. Color Theory takes a break from the usual relationship based 80's Synthpop to address the subject of Superstition with Lucky Ago. Brian Hazard is a musical genius. How do I know? How else can you explain putting out an album on Superstition which is happy and danceable. The phobias are abundant.

  • Chain Letters (Unsigned)
  • The Dead Mans Hand of Wild Bill Hickock (Hand)
  • Singular Magpies as harbingers of bad luck (Avian)
  • Graveyards (Dismembered)
  • The Number 13 (Phobiac)
There are 10 in all, broken up by the lovely instrumental piece Lore. It's hard to pick a favorite when reviewing these albums. This time I think it's Feral, the final track, which addresses Witches and Black Cats, which kind of Reminds Me of Bugs Bunny "Aren't they all witches inside."

Which (sorry) brings me to the Cover. She's either a Witch or Lady Luck. Either Way she is absolutely alluring and gorgeous. The cover draws you in, the album seals the deal.

I think its a safe bet that you will enjoy Lucky Ago by Color Theory.  I did and I think it fits into my description of Therapy Music. While you wont conquer your phobias with a single listen, they say acknowledging your problems is the first step. This is the first step. And it is a 5 Emerald Step.

Walk Backward if you must, but you will play this at least 13 times. Wear it out, just don't wear out your welcome. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment