Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

The World I Used To Know: It Rocked

Christian Contemporary Music owes a lot to Scott Stapp. Not only was Creed and its Spiritual lyrics instrumental in forging a new Alternative Music like U2 before them. Though not having as prolific offspring as contemporaries Evanescence, Kutless and Jeremy Camp owe their existence to the "Creed Sound".

Creed has been gone for a while now, but frontman Scott Stapp has forged a solo career that like his former band has found a welcome home among the CCM faithful. The Space Between The Shadows is his third Solo outing and the second covered by this iteration of The Night Beat.

The Space Between The Shadows is Stapp's "Hardest" album to date in this reviewers opinion. There really is no letup on this album. The Album begins with the near metal World I Used To Know, and except for a few breathers, (Heaven In Me, Wake Up Call, Gone Too Soon and Mary's Crying) doesn't let up. Heaven in Me has a definite Third Day/Mac Powell vibe going on. He does Southern well. 

It's hard to pick a favorite on this one. Part of Me wants Purpose For Pain with it's screaming guitar solo, and part want's Gone Too Soon which deals with premature death.
"Gone Too Soon My Friend, I know that you're dancing with angels on the wind. It's not the end. Until I reach forever, and we're together, you will always be Gone Too Soon." Hearing this song I remember my college friend Ben Rieder, who was hit by an auto at the Grand Canyon. At the time, it hit all of us at ENC hard, but I really got to heal when I heard For Whom Does The Bell Toll by Messiah Prophet. This got to me the same way.

I am giving The Space Between The Shadows a Perfect 5 Emerald rating. Even this Word of Faith Protestant can overlook Mary's Crying. The World I Used To Know Rocked and I thing The World I Know Now is on the right track. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment