Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Hungry Beasts and Ghosts, Oh My.

Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Yes, I know that's mathematically impossible, but we're dealing with emotions here. And sometimes the rawer the emotion, the better. Especially when we're dealing with Music.

The Beast You Feed by VERIDIA is chock full of raw emotion. You will be pulled in so many directions with this album and be left bawling at the end. Just fair warning so you can get your tissues ready. If I need them, you'll need them.


For an album featuring so much raw on your sleeve emotion it is somewhat ironic that it's opening that the opening track is Numb, featuring a bridge like this


And life is perfect Drown out the sanity It’s really perfect When I can’t feel a thing
You will feel. Whether its anger (Savage), regrets (Ghosts) or hope (I Won't Stay Down), you will relate. Remember what I said about the whole being greater than the individual parts. None of the songs, save for the final cut, really stand out on their own, but they are part of a journey, a theme, that draws you in, wrings you out, and leaves you primed for the finale. Yes, it's manipulative, but in a good way. It's therapy. Kind of Like an Evanescence Album.

Which brings us to our final song I'll never be ready. Written by lead singer Deena Jakoub (Veridia) with backing vocals and piano by the immortal Amy Lee. I agree totally with Amy, this song, this collaboration, was totally orchestrated by God himself. I want you to experience this. I know I must have been a sight in the donut shop listening and sniffling.

I think you know where this is going. 5 Emeralds on the strength of the final cut. Certain albums are therapy, and cost a whole lot less than a psychiatrist. Evanescence has been my therapist for a long time, and I think Dr. Deena might be a referral from time to time. Get this album, and some tissues. Until next time I am (sniffle) Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment