Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Mistletunes: The 2016 1st Quarter - Gospel/R&B

We move on to Gospel, Black Gospel, Urban Gospel, The Real Gospel. Southern Gospel Music, according to us here at The Night Beat, is neither Gospel nor Music. All we will agree is that it is Southern. Supposedly Southern Gospel, like a lot of Christian Music, was an alternative to some popular mainstream music of the era. For the life of me I cannot figure out what that would be. Polka Perhaps? Before you polka lovers, (all 3 of you), decide to write a nasty letter, I am of Polish Extraction, and when I was growing up there was a Polka Music Show on The Radio. Talk about torture. When your hit songs are "Roll Out The Barrel, Roll out The Barrel of Fun" and "She Likes Kielbasa Better Than Fish" you know you are scraping the bottom of the musical barrel. We shall go to the list.

Gospel/R & B

Two more perfect albums with this genre. One was almost expected. I never just simply hand out a 5 on reputation, but you almost could with Kirk Franklin. He very rarely disappoints. James Jackson is new to me, but is really good. Our final tie with five is Dance music. Until next time, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment