Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Heat is On: PVA 2011 3rd Qtr Nominees - Introduction

The Third Quarter Releases are completed and tabulated, and are now ready to be announced. This time around there were no eligible releases in the Folk/Folk Rock category, and only two in the Children's Music category. All the others had a good showing, with at least four releases in each of the remaining nine categories. (On a editorial note, we may go to eleven categories from now on. As I am archiving the PVA's to their own page on this site, we may split Traditional Folk and Folk Rock apart for good.)

This time I am appealing to the readers of The Night Beat to help me out with a dilemma. As you may have read in a previous post, I am impressed with the vocal abilities of the young Jackie Evancho, and I awarded her album Dream With Me a perfect 5 Emerald rating. She's in to the final round, no questions about that. I need a category please. The General Field is obvious. I can think of four nominations for her there (The Night Beat DJ's Choice Award, Female Vocalist of the Year, New Artist of the Year, Artist of the Year). It's the genre based Album of the Year categories where I am stumped. She comes across to me as Opera, and, if that's so, she would be the only nominee in the category. Children's Music is a stretch. We're talking about music by a child, not for children. Pop?, Create an Inspirational Category (I hate those, it sounds so weaselly, but it may be my best option. A little help would be appreciated. Please comment your opinion.

I will start with the roll out tomorrow with Children's music and Dance, but that will be all for today, as I say all the time in closing, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment